Friday, July 11, 2014

Leftover Quilts

Being cheap I mean, frugal, I love leftovers. Food, yes. Fabric, even better.  Ages ago I started a Swoon Quilt for my daughter. I finally had it quilted up this spring (thanks, Maria!)


If you've made the Swoon, you know that there are a lot of little leftover triangles. I saved all these little trimmings, and made mini blocks along side the larger blocks.



I started calling them mini swoons. I made about 6 of them, then abandoned the project. Recently, though, in a studio clean up, I found them and decided to make the reaming 3 blocks. Of course, by then, Camille had come out with a pattern for a real mini swoon. So now, I give you Leftover Swoon.


And, the astute blog observer will notice that the leftovers from the Leftover Swoon became my latest Mini Amish Quilt.


I still have a few more scraps. Don't be surprised if you see these fabrics yet again!
post signature

3 comments:

tink's mom said...

Love your daughters quilt and all of the goodies you have pulled together from the "leftovers". I've made 3 Swoons, a 9 block and a 16 block and a giant single block. I think I have at least some of the scraps sitting in a recycled lettuce box somewhere. I'm going to have to pull them out. You have given me insentive to look them up.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I love using my leftovers from Swoon quilts. =) our Swoon is stunning!!!

Sara said...

Haha well use of scraps!! Beautiful!